Let’s get to the point. We don’t like to clean. No matter how many times we hear the phrase, “a clean home is a happy home”, we can never find the enthusiasm to pick up the vacuum to start cleaning. We are not ashamed because we know that we are not alone. Here are some hacks that helped make cleaning a tolerable task.
- Cute House Cleaning Slippers: Best invention. EVER. This adorable pair of house slippers can keep your feet warm and clean your hard wood floors at the same time. They’re $12.99 from Amazon. #takemymoneynow.
- Lint rollers are your friend: These sticky rolls of goodness will pick up a lot more than just lint and pet hair from your clothing. Roll it across the counters to pick up dust. Roll it across the floor to pick up crumbs. Granted, you should invest in a duster and vacuum as part of your basic cleaning equipments but lint rollers are great for when your husband’s friends are coming over in an hour and you just found out 15 minutes ago.
- Layer on the Aluminum Foil: Put on a layer of aluminum foil on your baking ware. Crumbing up the foil and tossing it in the trash after making baked salmon with lemon is the BEST feeling in the world. No clean up required. YAY!
- Car wax your tub and shower: Okay. This actually involve some cleaning in the beginning. Scrub down your tub or shower stall and make sure you get as much of the soap scum out as you can. Use a little bit of car wax to go over the surface and wipe off the excess with a microfiber cloth. You only need a little bit of car wax. The idea is to protect the tub or shower stall from harsh water marks and soap scum that’s hard to clean in the future. Don’t put too much so that it’s difficult to stand without slipping and hurting yourself.
- Contact paper the shelves in your fridge: Fridges are not off limits to cleaning. Food can be filthy! Especially gross expired food that you forgot to throw away last week. We really should be wiping down our fridge at least once a month. If you use contact paper, peel and replace. You can also decorate the inside of your fridge with different contact paper designs.
- Invest in a Roomba: iRobot Roomba is your BFF of all of cleaning equipments. All you have to do is set it to the location of where you’d like for it to vacuum and press the button. It will tell you when it needs help, when it runs out of battery and when it’s done cleaning. This beautiful machine will save you so much time, especially if you have a pet (or two) running around all the time.
Eventually you will have to roll up your sleeves, get down and dirty to clean your home but in the meantime, enjoy these hacks!
What are some of your lazy cleaning hacks? Comment down below. We’d love to get some ideas for ourselves. Remember, a clean home is a happy home!